Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 medium (400g) orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces (or use any of your own preferred fructan friendly vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced, (replace with green part of a spring onion, avoid the white bulb)
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 4cm-deep, 18cm x 28cm (base) slice pan. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato. Cook for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until capsicum is just soft. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs and 1/4 cup parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into pan. Top with sweet potato and capsicum mixture. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Slice frittata. Place in an airtight container to store.