Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 1 cups (375ml) apple juice (Helen reduced this by 1/2 cup)
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, coarsely grated
- 3/4 cup (180g) Greek-style yoghurt (Helen recommends the low fat option)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (75g) toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey (Helen does not recommend this, there is plenty of sweetnhess from the juice and apple)
- Combine the oats and apple juice in a medium glass or ceramic bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight to soak.
- Add the apple, yoghurt and vanilla to the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Combine the hazelnuts, pistachios, sesame seeds and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Spoon the oat mixture evenly among serving bowls. Sprinkle with the hazelnut mixture. Serve immediately.