- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 large (540g) carrots, peeled, cut into ribbons
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into ribbons
- 2 cups beansprouts, trimmed
- 50g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- Step 1 Pour vegetable oil, vinegar, sesame oil into a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Step 2 Place carrot and snow peas in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until snow peas turn bright green. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Return to bowl.
- Step 3 Add cucumber, beansprouts, snow pea sprouts and sesame seeds. Drizzle with dressing just before serving. Toss to combine. Serve.
Super Food Ideas – December 2007 , Page 71 ,Recipe by Dixie Elliott