Ingredients (serves 4)
- Melted margarine, to grease
- 700g fresh ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar (Helen recommends that the sugar content is recuded to 2tbs, and reply on the sweetness of the fruit instead and enjoy the protein of the baked ricotta)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small bunch rhubarb, washed, ends trimmed, cut into 8cm lengths
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh orange juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split length ways
- 2 tbs caster sugar, extra (Helen recommends that you avoid this and enjoy the natural sweetness of the fruit instead)
- 260g (2 cups) frozen mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush four 250ml (1-cup) capacity dariole molds with melted margarine. Line bases with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat the ricotta, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl for 2 minutes or until creamy. Spoon the mixture evenly among the prepared moulds and smooth the surface. Place on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until light golden. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool in the moulds before turning out.
- Meanwhile, scrape seeds from the vanilla bean. Combine rhubarb, orange juice, vanilla bean, vanilla seeds in a large oven proof dish. Cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes. Sprinkle berries over rhubarb. Roast for 15 minutes. Stir to combine. Cover and roast for 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat grill on high. Divide baked ricotta among serving plates. Top with rhubarb.