Serve these tasty beef and zucchini burgers with oven baked fries and a side salad for a complete mid-week meal.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 small brown onion, grated (replace with green part of spring onion or shallots finely cut – avoid the white bulb)
- 500g beef mince
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed, grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (kikkoman brand as highlighted in the book)
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 egg yolk
- olive oil cooking spray
- Combine shallots or spring onion, mince, zucchini, soy sauce, ginger and egg yolk in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Using 1/2 cup mixture per patty, shape mixture into six 1cm-thick patties.
- Preheat greased barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Spray patties with oil and barbecue for 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through.