Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium desiree potato, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- light sour cream and chopped fresh chives, to serve
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until leek has softened. Add carrot and potato. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add chickpeas, stock and 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Transfer half the mixture to a food processor. Process until just smooth. Return to saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Ladle into bowls. Top with sour cream and chives. Serve.
To freeze: Place soup in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months.
To thaw: Thaw in the fridge overnight.
To cook: Cook in a saucepan over medium heat for 12 minutes or until heated through.
Super Food Ideas – August 2008, Page 39
Recipe by Kirrily La Rosa