Preparation Time : 10 – 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 16 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
• 4 low fat tortila wraps / flat mountain bread
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1/4 cup chopped coriander
• 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
• salt and pepper
• 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
• 1/3 cup (95g) Greek-style low fat yoghurt
1. Place the bread in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Add the cashews, egg, coriander, 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce, salt and pepper and process until well combined. Add the lentils and process until well combined.
2. Place the lentil mixture in a bowl. With damp hands, divide the mixture into 8 portions. Roll and flatten each portion into a pattie shape. Place on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the patties in batches for 4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. While the patties are cooking, combine 2 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce and yoghurt.
5. Place the patties on serving plates. Serve with the sauce and a simple salad.
source taste.com.au – June 2008