Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed (see note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, peeled, deseeded, diced
- Place quinoa and 1 1/2 cups cold water in a saucepan over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until water has absorbed. Drain. Rinse. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place lemon juice and oil in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Add parsley, cucumber and dressing to quinoa. Toss to combine. Serve.